NAMUR Award for Innovative Process and Operational Managementfrom 2020-04-15
As in recent years, NAMUR will award a prize also in 2020 for outstanding and groundbreaking theses on innovative process and operational management in specialised fields, including
- automation engineering,
- electrical engineering,
- metrology including on-line analysis,
- control engineering, and
- process control technology
- process-related information technology
Developing and implementing efficient process automation methods requires a deepened knowledge of automation technology and process engineering. To increase the attraction of this forward-looking interdisciplinary field and encourage young scientists to delve into this line of work, NAMUR awards prizes for the best diploma/master’s thesis and the best doctoral thesis.
Again, NAMUR will also recognize the chair holder who tutored the prize-winning thesis.
Call for applications 2020
Chair holders in the various specialised fields are invited to submit applications for best thesis. The application should consist of the following documents:
- Informal application by the chair holder plus recommendation
- Comprehensive abstract for short-listing (motivation, key messages/results of the thesis, 3,000 words max., 20 per cent max. figures and formulae, major sources)
- Diploma/master’s thesis or doctoral thesis
- Optional: related publications
Please send all documents by e-mail to office[at]namur.de.
Dates and deadlines:
- Closing date for applications: 30 July 2020
- Notification of all applicants (chair holders): 13 October 2020
Presentation of the Award during the NAMUR Annual General Meeting (Friday, 06 November 2020)
- The award ceremony will take place online based on the current situation, the date and time will be announced at a later date.
- EUR 2,000 for the winning diploma/master’s thesis
- EUR 3,000 for the tutoring chair to be used for sponsoring and encouraging young scientists in process automation
- EUR 3,000 for the winning doctoral thesis
- EUR 5,000 € for the tutoring chair to be used for sponsoring and encouraging young scientists in process automation