Call for thesis submissions for the NAMUR Award 2023.
Deadline: August 28, 2023
As in recent years, NAMUR is awarding a prize in 2023 for outstanding and groundbreaking theses on the subject of "Innovative process and operational management". For the development and application of powerful methods of process automation, in-depth knowledge of automation technology as well as process engineering is required. The work submitted should primarily reflect the core topics of NAMUR and can cover the following specialist areas, among others:
- automation engineering
- electrical engineering
- metrology including on-line analysis
- control engineering
- process control technology
- process-related information technology
To increase the attraction of this forward-looking interdisciplinary field and encourage young scientists to delve into this line of work, NAMUR awards prizes for the best diploma/master’s thesis and the best doctoral thesis.
Again, NAMUR will also recognize the chair holder who tutored the prize-winning thesis.
NEW is that we will invite all students whose work has been submitted for nomination to this year's NAMUR Annual General Meeting and cover hotel, travel and event expenses.
Call for applications 2023
Chair holders in the various specialised fields are invited to submit applications for best thesis. The application should consist of the following documents:
- Informal application by the chair holder plus recommendation
- Comprehensive abstract for short-listing (motivation, key messages/results of the thesis, 3,000 words max., 20 per cent max. figures and formulae, major sources)
- Diploma/master’s thesis or doctoral thesis
- Optional: associated publications
- Written assurance:
- Reviewers may read the complete work (and later delete it)
- the work may be presented at the NAMUR main meeting,
- NAMUR may report on it via all channels and use selected contents of the work.
* Please make sure to clearly state in the letter of recommendation or the abstract whether and to what extent the submitted work addresses one of NAMUR's topics.
Note: Bachelor theses are excluded from submission.
Please send all documents by e-mail to office[at]namur.de.
- Closing date for applications: 28 August 2023
- Notification of all applicants (chair holders): 20 October 2023
- Presentation of the Award during the NAMUR Annual General Meeting (Friday, 24 November 2023)
- EUR 2,000 for the winning diploma/master’s thesis
- EUR 3,000 for the tutoring chair to be used for sponsoring and encouraging young scientists in process automation
- EUR 3,000 for the winning doctoral thesis
- EUR 5,000 for the tutoring chair to be used for sponsoring and encouraging young scientists in process automation