Network Structure (Level 3)
- Which network levels (production network, office network, Internet, etc.) should be established or respected?
- Which zone concepts (i.e. DMZ, island network) are to be used?
- Which technology for workstation clients should be used (web clients, fat clients, thin clients, virtual desktops, etc.)?
- Which hardware and network redundancy is needed?
- Is additional hardware required in order to ensure data security?
- Which cross-system data flows and data flow directions are expected? What is the leading system?
- What actions should be taken into account to bridge larger distances between subnets or individual systems?
- Are there any requirements or known restrictions on bandwidth and latency?
- Are interfaces to other systems outside the ISA functions (i.e. weather information from the Internet) required?