NE 093 has been revisedfrom 2016-01-22
The document differs from edition 2003-02-10 beside editiorial adjustments as follows:
- Harmonization with requirements DIN EN 61511
- Change of Taxonomy
- Reporting of devices failures
- Estimation of specific failure rates
- Introduction of a web-based reporting tool
- Maximum achievable Hardware-SIL based on determined failure rates
Abstract NE 093 ‘Verification of the Safety-Related Reliability of SIS based on Field Experience’
This recommendation describes an approach how to collect and analyze reliability data and associated
information, which can be used to demonstrate, that the required failure measure of a SIS is being met.
Additionally, the gathered information can be used to support prior use – statements. This recommendation establish a uniform approach among the member companies to get a statistical basis for the verification, that SIS implemented in the chemical industry satisfy the requirements of IEC 61511 concerning safetyrelated reliability.