NAMUR Award “Intelligent Process and Operational Management”from 2017-03-08
As in recent years NAMUR will award a prize also in 2017 for outstanding theses on intelligent process and operational management in specialised fields, including
- automation engineering,
- electrical engineering,
- information technology
- measurement and control technology including on-line analysis
- process control technology, and
- process engineering.
Developing and implementing efficient process automation methods requires a deepened knowledge of automation technology and process engineering. To increase the attraction of this forward-looking interdisciplinary field and encourage young scientists to delve into this line of work, NAMUR awards prizes for the best diploma/master’s thesis and the best doctoral thesis.
As of 2017 NAMUR will also recognise the chair holder who tutored the prize-winning thesis.
Call for applications 2017
Chair holders in the various specialised fields are invited to submit informal applications for best thesis. In support of applications related publications may be submitted as well (please send all documents by e-mail to office[at]namur.de).
- Closing date for applications: 30 June 2017
- Notification of all applicants (chair holders): 13 October 2017
- Presentation of the award during the NAMUR Annual General Meeting (Friday, 10 November 2017)
- 1,000 € for the winning diploma/master’s thesis
- 2,000 € for the winning doctoral thesis
- 2,500 € each for tutoring chair holders, to be used for sponsoring and encouraging young scientists in process automation
NAMUR – Interessengemeinschaft
Automatisierungstechnik der Prozessindustrie e.V.
c/o Bayer AG
Building K 9
All decisions are final.￼
Download cover letter