NAMUR Award “Intelligent Process and Operational Management”from 2019-02-05
As in recent years NAMUR will award a prize also in 2019 for outstanding theses on intelligent process and operational management in specialized fields, including
- automation engineering,
- electrical engineering,
- information technology
- measurement and control technology including on-line analysis
- process control technology, and
- process engineering.
Developing and implementing efficient process automation methods requires a deepened knowledge of automation technology and process engineering. To increase the attraction of this forward-looking interdisciplinary field and encourage young scientists to delve into this line of work, NAMUR awards prizes for the best diploma/master’s thesis and the best doctoral thesis.
As of 2018 NAMUR will also recognize the chair holder who tutored the prize-winning thesis.
Call for applications 2019
Chair holders in the various specialised fields are invited to submit applications for best thesis. The application should consist of the following documents:
- Informal application by the chair holder plus recommendation
- Comprehensive abstract for short-listing (motivation, key messages/results of the thesis, 3,000 words max., 20 per cent max. figures and formulae, major sources)
- Diploma/master’s thesis or doctoral thesis
- Optional: related publications
Please send all documents by e-mail to office[at]namur.de.
- Closing date for applications: 30 June 2019
- Notification of all applicants (chair holders): 13 October 2019
- Presentation of the award during the NAMUR Annual General Meeting (Friday, 08 November 2019)
- 1,000 € for the winning diploma/master’s thesis
- 2,000 € for the winning doctoral thesis
- 2,500 € each for tutoring chair holders, to be used for sponsoring and encouraging young scientists in process automation
NAMUR – Interessengemeinschaft
Automatisierungstechnik der Prozessindustrie e.V.
c/o Bayer AG
Building K 9
All decisions are final.