NAMUR Award for Innovative Process and Operational Management 2022from 2022-05-18
As in recent years, NAMUR is awarding a prize in 2022 for outstanding and groundbreaking theses on the subject of "Innovative process and operational management". For the development and application of powerful methods of process automation, in-depth knowledge of automation technology as well as process engineering is required. The work submitted should primarily reflect the core topics of NAMUR and can cover the following specialist areas, among others:
- automation engineering
- electrical engineering
- metrology including on-line analysis
- control engineering, and
- process control technology
- process-related information technology
To increase the attraction of this forward-looking interdisciplinary field and encourage young scientists to delve into this line of work, NAMUR awards prizes for the best diploma/master’s thesis and the best doctoral thesis.
Again, NAMUR will also recognize the chair holder who tutored the prize-winning thesis.
Call for applications 2022
Chair holders in the various specialised fields are invited to submit applications for best thesis. The application should consist of the following documents:
- Informal application by the chair holder plus recommendation
- Comprehensive abstract for short-listing (motivation, key messages/results of the thesis, 3,000 words max., 20 per cent max. figures and formulae, major sources)
- Diploma/master’s thesis or doctoral thesis
- Optional: associated publications
- Written assurance:
- Reviewers may read the complete work (and later delete it),
- the work may be presented at the NAMUR main meeting,
- NAMUR may report on it via all channels and use selected contents of the work.
Please send all documents by e-mail to office[at]namur.de.
Dates and deadlines:
- Closing date for applications: 18 August 2022
- Notification of all applicants (chair holders): 21 October 2022
- Presentation of the Award during the NAMUR Annual General Meeting (Friday, 11 November 2022)
- EUR 2,000 for the winning diploma/master’s thesis
- EUR 3,000 for the tutoring chair to be used for sponsoring and encouraging young scientists in process automation
- EUR 3,000 for the winning doctoral thesis
- EUR 5,000 for the tutoring chair to be used for sponsoring and encouraging young scientists in process automation